Columbus Central University is a quality medical school in the Caribbean to study medicine with accredited Premed, Basic and Clinical Science Programs. Our website contains information about Caribbean med schools, international schools of medicine, top Caribbean medical colleges and best foreign medical schools. When applying to our Caribbean medical school, you are choosing the best Caribbean school of medicine. Top medical schools in the Caribbean should be accredited and have high USMLE passing rates, ACGME accredited clinical rotations and an approved application process to allow you to become a doctor. The medical curriculum taught in our caribbean medical college campus integrates top academic features of American and Caribbean medical schools. Columbus Central University recognitions make our students eligible for clinical rotations and licensure in the U.S. Upon passing USMLE, students start clinical clerkship in accredited hospitals throughout the United States or the United Kingdom. We offer an MD Medical Degree program (doctor of medicine), in which the first four semesters of the Basic Sciences are taught in Belize. We also offer a Premed (undergraduate coursework) program for high school graduates without MCAT. The MD degree (doctor of medicine) can be earned upon completion of the Basic Science and the Clinical Science program. On top of that Belize is considered the best place for medical education in the Caribbean.
Medical School Reviews
Columbus Central University is one of the top medical schools in the Caribbean, established by American Physicians and is accredited, licensed, and registered within the beautiful National of Belize.
Our goal is to prepare students for the next level of medical training in ACGME accredited American teaching hospitals by implementing a U.S. standard curriculum, used in the best North American LCME/AAMC colleges of medicine stressing Higher Order Thinking Skills (knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) tested in USMLE Step I rather than simple memorization of facts.
At Columbus Central University, our intent is to create an entirely new model of medical education, one that will enhance the university’s ability to act as a transformational agent in health care.
Our unique approach embraces cross-disciplinary teaching modalities, breakthrough technologies, and innovative ways to advance training in both basic science and clinical skills throughout the medical school curriculum. In addition, we wish to deepen students’ understanding of academic medicine to better prepare tomorrow’s doctors and make a far-reaching impact on their further career.
- Official Name: Columbus Central University
- Founded: 2005
- Office of Admissions: Columbus, Ohio
- Campus Location: Belize, Central America
- Clinical Rotations: over 300 slots throughout the United States and United Kingdom
- Academic Calendar: 16 week Trimester – January, May, September
- Faculty Staff Qualifications: MD, PhD, PsyD, PharmD and MBBS
- Financial Aid: Private Loan Affiliation Program, Scholarship, Payment Plan, Tuition Discount
- Accreditation’s & Recognitions: WHO, IMED, ECFMG, MCC, WAUC, Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports and Culture of Belize
- BS Student-Teacher Ratio: 9-1 (*)
- CS Student-Preceptor Ratio: 6-1 (*)
- Number of Clinical Rotation Slots: 327 (*)
- Average Class Size: 16 students
- Cost of Living: $600-$800 per month
- Cost of Attendance: Premedical – $4900 per semester
Basic Science – $5900 per semester
Clinical Science – $7600 per semester
* Real time data from our database center